Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Two Weeks Old


Kate is two weeks old today! Claire and I can hardly believe that the time has passed so quickly. We have all enjoyed our time at home, but unfortunately I had to go back to work today. The one nice thing is that I get to work from home through the end of the week, so I actually go back to the office on Monday. My boss, Bob, said that he was fine with me working from home, provided I kept the dirty diapers away from my laptop! That is just a great excuse for me when Claire asks for help changing Kate.

Kate is absolutely wonderful. The first week was a little tough for sleeping, but this last week has been much better. In fact, last night we all slept for about 9 hours, with breaks every 3 hours for feeding. Any sleep is good sleep right now, but it is amazing how you can still feel exhausted because you are only sleeping in intervals. One nice thing is that it is getting easier and easier to wake up in the middle of the night when Kate does. The other problem with sleeping is that Kate is the noisiest sleeper I have ever heard. We were given an in home photography shoot by Claire's friend, Alison G., for a shower and the photographer even said she had never heard a baby make so many noises while sleeping.

We are continuing to take photos at an unprecedented rate. I am sure by time Kate is one month old I will need a new computer to hold all the photos! I have added more photos to the link from the first post (I accidentally put them on the original link, not the newer one). Just click on the photo below the first and follow the links to the album labeled "Kate."

We go back to the pediatrician on Friday, so I will post more updates on Kate this weekend.

3 comments:

  1. Congratulations to you both!!! Kate is adorable and Kyle and I love looking at your pictures. Keep them coming! Robbie, Kate definitely looks like you. And it looks like the dogs are so good around her! (Well, I guess I could only see Ivy). We hope and pray that all keeps going well for you guys! Thanksgiving will be a fun one this year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful face! Those photo shoot pictures are adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just beautiful - tell that baby I cannot wait to meet her in just a few days!!

    ReplyDelete